If you’re looking for a fun summer treat that holds some of the best tastes of summer, look no further and give these Lemon Blueberry Scones a try! This was Lily and my first time making scones and the recipe we followed was fantastic. The scones were moist, not too sweet and full of lemon blueberry flavor. A great treat for a weekend breakfast or tea party!
The recipe we followed is for Mixed-Berry Scones with Lemon Icing from Jean Van’t Hul’s The Artful Year.
For the Scones
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, sliced
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
- 1-2 Cups Blueberries fresh or frozen
For The Lemon Icing
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or canola oil.
- Measure all the dry ingredients, including the lemon zest, into a food processor. Run for a minute to mix.
- Add the butter pieces to the flour mixture. Pulse several times until the butter is pea size or smaller. You could also mix dry ingredients and then cut the butter into them using a pastry blender or knife and fork. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and yogurt. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Stir the batter until it’s combined and the dough starts to come together.
- Fold in the berries.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter and shape it into a disk about 1 inch thick. Cut it, like a pie, into eight wedges.
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes or until they’re cooked through and toasty brown on the edges. Let them cool slightly.
- Make the lemon icing by whisking the ingredients together. Drizzle the icing over the scones. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2 thoughts on “Welcome Summer with some Lemon Blueberry Scones”
When can I pick up my scones?
We’ll have them ready for your next visit!